More Kate Kreatez!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 7: Sugar Spun/Pattern!

Hey lovies!! Its Day 7 of Flip/Flop February!!

Today's Flip/Flop is Sugar Spun/Pattern, and of course I went with the Flip!! I looove me some sugar spun! It's one of my all time favorite nail art techniques, it's so fun!

For those of you who don't know, Sugar Spun is a fun technique in which you get some polish (the thicker the better!) and let it sit for a moment, then stir it around so it gets nice and tacky. Once it's tacky, you pull it back and get those "strings" of polishes then you twist and drape them over your nail until you're satisfied with the look.
The best part about it is that it's pretty much impossible to mess up! The whole point of it is that it looks crazy and imperfect, so if it turns out sloppy, that just means you did it right!! ;)

For my base color I used Sephora by OPI - What Aura Gonna Wear?
And for the "strings" I used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow
Wet'N'Wild Shine - Sunny Side Up
And Wet'N'Wild Shine - Tickled Pink.

I was going for a kinda sunset-y quality. :p

The first photo is without top-coat, the second is with top- coat. :)

And of course, don't forget to check out all the other bloggers manis!! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment