More Kate Kreatez!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sephora by OPI Tinseltown Swatches, Day 4!

Hello my lovelies!
It's time for Day 4 of the Sephora by OPI Tinseltown Collection swatches! :)

Today I show you the final four of the mini polishes, and tomorrow will be the last day where I'll be showing you the full-size gold top-coat! Now, on to the final four minis! :)

First up is "Meet Me At The Disco."
Some people say that all holographic glitters are the same, and sometimes that's true. But I don't caaaaare I still want them aaaaaaalllll! :D
This one, however, is waywaywaaay holographic! I've owned ALOT of holo glitters in my time, but this might just be the most holo one I've ever tried. It has a really good formula, normal drying time that you would expect from a glitter, and you don't have to fish for the glitter at all. My swatch here is 2 coats with no base.
My only complaint with this polish is that if you don't mix it well enough before you use it, the base gets a little foggy and covers the glitter. Im not really sure what causes this, maybe something in the formula (or maybe its just my bottle, who knows :p) But as long as you mix it well enough it isn't a problem.
My camera actually did a pretty good job at capturing the holographic beautiful-ness, but believe it or not it's actually even more holo in person! I definitely can't wait to play around with this as a top coat over different polishes! :)

Next up is "Leotard Optional."
Hehe that name is perfect for a nude!
This is a lovely nude creme, very good formula, opaque within 2 coats, little to no streaking, and a great drying time.
As you can see from my swatch it's a little dark for my skin-tone, but that's just because of the fact that I'm so unbelievably pale and fair-skinned that I have a horrible time finding nudes that are actually nude on me! Maybe in the summertime when I get a tan this will work as a nude for me? Tune back in then and we'll give it a shot ;) LOL.

Next up is "Merry Me."
I love this polish, and I loove the name! It reminds me of that song by Train, ("Marry me, today and everyday. Marry me. If I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe, just say you will.") I love that song so much I can't even.
As for the polish, I love it! It's kind of a dupe for Essie's new "Leading Lady," but not totally. It's the same idea, but the red base is darker, and the glitter is silver, which (please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't actually used it) I believe Essie's has red glitter? Either way they're both pretty, and very close in concept, but not complete dupes.
The formula of this is really good, it's a red jelly base with silver glitter, you really don't have to fish for the glitter at all, I did find that I needed to "place" the glitter were I wanted it a little bit on the final coat, but that's really only because I'm a tad bit OCD when it comes to glitters and have to have complete coverage when I use glitters like this LOL.
The drying time was good, and I was really surprised by how quickly it became opaque. When I did the first coat it seemed like it was going to be really sheer and I thought to myself, "oh boy, it's another million-coater." But then I put the second coat on and it darkened up right away! A very pleasant surprise. :)
I definitely love this one too!

And finally (!), the last of the minis! This is "Break A Leg-Warmer!"
Again, the name! OPI, you never cease to entertain me with these names.
This is SUCH a cool color! It's allllllmost blue, and allllllllmost dark gray, but really it's neither! It's like, perfectly on the line between blue and gray.
Just like "Thyme For A Mani," this is the definition of the perfect creme. The formula is amaaaazing, great drying time, opaque within 2 coats, no streaking, and just simply perfect. Like I said before, I'm not usually into the gray hues, but I'm really really in love with this one! :)

So that's it for the minis! Phew, I told you there was ALOT of swatches! There's one more to come though! This collection consists of the 16 minis, and the one big full-sized polish which is a beautiful gold top-coat just perfect for Christmas! :)

So tune back in tomorrow for that, and the end of this crazy swatch-a-Palooza! :D

















No comments:

Post a Comment