More Kate Kreatez!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sephora by OPI Tinseltown Swatches - Day 2!

Hello, lovelies! :)

It's time for Day 2 of my Sephora by OPI Tinseltown Collection swatches!

Now on to the polish! :D
Here are the next four polishes in this beautiful collection!

First up, we have "And A Cherry On Top."
What can I say about this, gorgeous red jelly, perfect classic red, opaque within 3 coats, and a very nice drying time. Another thing I liked is that there was no staining left on my nails like you often see with highly pigmented reds like these. I didn't even use a base coat (I know, tsktsk!) and there was no staining at all! And that name? LOVE IT!

Next up, "S-Age Is Just A Number." I. LOVE. THIS. SO. MUCH. It's an absolutely gorgeous duo-chrome, and at first glance it seemed to be yet another run-of-the-mill dupe for Chanel's Peridot, but NO. Once you put it on your nails, it is sooo much more than that! It does have a bit of a likeness to Peridot, in the way of the brown/green undertones, but in the right light, you can see brown, gold, green, purple, blue, even a little bit of yellow! I captured it a little bit on my swatch, but my camera was being fussy (big surprise there) so it doesn't do it full justice. I did catch it pretty well in my bottle shot though, especially around the edges you can see the effects that show up on your nails. It almost reminds me of oil. Like, have you ever seen a splotch of car oil on the pavement during the summer when it's really hot and sunny, and it gets these cool duo-chrome ripple effects when the light hits it? That's what this reminds me of LOL. :) LOVE. IT.

Next up, "I Think I Cayenne." This is SO fun. It's a really pretty dark orange shimmer, but what makes this one different from other orange shimmers is that when you look up close, the pieces of glitter aren't just regular old shimmer, they're red! You have to look super closely to see it, (you can really tell during clean-up/removal!) but it's really an orange base with red shimmer. So unique and so pretty, and has a really good formula and drying time. Definitely awesome!

And lastly, we have "Read My Palm."
This is SUCH a pretty color. Anyone who knows me knows I love turquoise-y type colors, so this was automatic love for me. But once it's on your nails, it's even more fun! It's a creme, with a GREAT formula and amazing drying time, and opaque within 2 coats. But the best part is that even though its a creme, it looks different in certain lights. In some lights it can look like a minty green, and in others it can look like a dark turquoise. Definitely love this one too!

So that's it for day 2, make sure to come back tomorrow for the next 4 polishes! :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment