More Kate Kreatez!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

(Late!) Comic-Con Geek Week Day 5, The Last Day!

Hey my lovelies!
So this post, wrapping up Geek Week, was supposed to up on Friday, but as you may know I participated in Mint Manis for Talia Joy on Friday, and I decided that out of respect for Talia I was going to feature that as my only post for the day. 
And then yesterday, I pretty much just had a lazy Saturday and completely forgot to put up this post until it was like, 2am and I was laying in bed falling asleep. Whoops! LOL. We all know I have terrible issues being timely sometimes. xD

But here it is, Day 5 of Geek Week, the final day! 


So the last theme was SPAAAAACE!! Free for all, so it just had to be space themed. 


Obviously, I know I would be incorporating galaxy nails somehow, but doing just plain galaxy nails seemed boring. 
And for some reason that I do not understand, the first thing to pop into my mind when I thought of space, was this picture that I saw a few weeks back on Tumblr. 
Sad Pluto! 
Now, as I'm sure you've heard, our poor little dwarf planet Pluto is no longer scientifically considered a planet. NASA announced this awhile back, stating some silly reason about it orbiting too far away from our solar system to be considered part of it anymore, or something like that. But it's still there! It's still a planet, goddangit! LOL :p 

Ironically, Pluto was always my favorite planet as a kid when we learned about solar systems and all that in shcool. Maybe just because it had the same name as Mickey Mouse's dog? Or maybe because it was cute and tiny and blue? I don't really know why for sure.
So I was disappointed when they said it wasn't a planet anymore! I'm gonna teach my kids one day about Pluto, darnit! LOL :p 

So here is my little recreation of sad Pluto! 

Galaxy nails a a backdrop, poor little Pluto crying 'cause he feels left out, and the words, "But... I AM a planet!" written across the top nails. 
(Although, my sad Pluto came out looking more like a sad cloud! LOL, oh wells. :p) 

So that's it for Geek Week! 
This challenge was super fun, I'm glad to back in the nail art/challenge circle again. I took a break for a little while, but I'm back, baby! :p 

Make sure to check out all the other ladies Geek Week manis! 


Hopefully there will be some more fun challenges coming up soon! I'm actually thinking of hosting one again soon, I just need to finalize my ideas for the theme of it, so stay tuned! 

Also, this next week coming up I have quite a few fun posts! I have swatches, Zoya reviews, and even some handmade jewelry to show you! So make sure you check back for those! 

See ya Monday! :) 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments: