More Kate Kreatez!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fun With Holographics, and a Nail Art Contest! :)

Hi lovelies!! :) 

Today I'm showing you some pretty holographic polishes, and the nail art I did with them! :)

These holographic beauties are: 
Layla Hologram Effects - Mermaid Spell 
and 
Zoya - Storm.


This all started because Jen's Nail Files  just hit 2k likes (congrats Jen!! :D) and is having a nail art contest to celebrate! 
The theme of the contest is to pick a name of one of the polishes from Darling Diva Polishes
, and translate it into nail art! 
So for my entry, I chose the name "Blue on Black" and I thought to myself, ooh I should use my blue and black holographic polishes!! :) 

So here's what I came up with, holographic Butterfly wings!  
I gotta credit my cousin Sarah for this too, when I told her about the contest she suggested doing Butterfly Wings! So thanks Sarah!
You can check out her blog here ! :) 

I also did this one, but I wasn't all that happy with how it turned out. I definitely liked the butterfly better, so I submitted that one for the contest. :) 

These were supposed to be the interlocking dots design, like this one I did earlier this year. It didn't work out quite so well this time though LOL. 
I think it was mostly because my nails are short little nubbins right now, so I didn't have much room to work with. 
So, it came out kinda more like an abstract design. Oh well. :p 
My cousins husband said it looks like footprints, and now I can't unsee that! LOL :p 

 
Here's the up close of my failure. LOL :p 

So make sure to go check out the contest, it's still going and there are going to be 12 winners, So you have a pretty decent chance at winning! 12 people will win a bottle of Darling Diva Polish that was custom designed just for Jen's Nail Files! It ends on Tuesday. I can't wait to see who wins, I'm sure it's gonna be a tough decision for Jen because so far all the entires I've seen are amazing! :) 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment