More Kate Kreatez!

Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Very Special Swatch-Time 💗

Hey Lovelies! 
I know it's been a long time since I've posted. That's due to quite a few things, mainly I had a job position over the end of 2016/early 2017 that made it difficult to have time to post. 
Then, in May 2017, my oldest sister, Christina, was diagnosed with cancer. Sadly, she lost her short battle, and passed away this December. 

2017 was bittersweet for this reason. I flew out of state to help her through her first surgeries, and she and my nephew and brother-in-law ended up coming home in July to live with us. 
So I got to spend more time with her than I had in a long while, she had moved out of state about 8 years before that since her husband was in the army. 
I'm forever grateful that I got all that time with her, but sad that it was the last bit of time, and it still doesn't feel like enough. 

 
My beautiful big sister <3


My sister was very active in the online/indie polish community, particularly when it came to Lynnderella. 
Lynnderella was her favorite brand by far. 

Chrissy's swatch of the custom Lynnderella Lynn made for her birthday last year. Tiffany's themed, of course. (Breakfast At Tiffany's was her all-time favorite.)


After hearing about her passing, Lynn and her brother Paul decided to do something so amazing and sweet, to honor her memory and show how much she was loved within their community. 


Lynn created a polish, aqua but of course,  (or "Tiffany Blue" as Chrissy would put it) and will donate all of the proceeds to The American Cancer Society, in my sister's name. 

When I first heard this was happening, I couldn't help but cry. Chrissy loved Lynnderella so much, she had such a huge collection, I know she would have loved to know this was done in her name. 
The polish itself is beyond perfect for her, Lynn really hit it out of the park. She would had been all over this color. 
And to know that all of the proceeds are going to help research, and help other families hopefully one day not have to lose their loved ones the way we lost her, and many others in our family, is so so so amazing. 

Nothing will ever make the pain of losing my big sister go away, but having this kind of generosity and love shown, and seeing just how many people out there knew and loved and cared for her, has warmed my heart so much. 

Nail polish was always something me and Chrissy bonded over, and to have this now to remember her by, means the absolute world to me. 


So, let's get on to swatching, and let me show you this gorgeous polish, dedicated to my gorgeous sister. 
💗

Aqua Bella ðŸ’—

Aqua Bella is a gorgeous holographic aqua shimmer, with holo and hot pink micro glitters, silver four -pointed stars, and icy blue hearts. 


A close-up of the hearts and stars <3 


A blurred shot to showcase that gorgeous holo <3

Our youngest sister, Emily, and I had some sister time and did our nails together and talked about how much Chrissy would've loved it. <3 
(then we played Mario Kart once our nails dried! <3 )

💗

I've thanked Lynn and Paul time and time again, they're honestly probably getting sick of hearing it at this point, but I will say it one final time here, 
Thank you.
I cannot even put into words how much this means to me, and our entire family. 

Until the next post, Lovelies. 
Go out there and hug everyone you care about, and let them know how much you love them.💗


No comments:

Post a Comment